Job title: Casual Retail & Ticketing Sales Assistant
report to: Head of Support Services and Head of Retail
Based on: Red and White Tent, AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham.
Support line managers in all store and box office activities, in particular by improving and developing business for the club through proactive sales activity and ensuring the highest standards of customer service. The position requires working on match days, non-match Saturdays and several hours during the week on an ad hoc basis (days, evenings and weekends).
- Ensure that all customers are served quickly and efficiently while maintaining the highest standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Attend the sale of tickets and merchandising in the Red and White Store and ensure that customers are attended to in a timely manner, both personally and by phone.
- Ascending sale of all the matches, both at home and away, that we have for sale together with the sale of season tickets.
- Support line managers to ensure all store and ticket prices are correct and all appropriate tiers of tickets are available.
- Support line managers to ensure store stock levels are optimally and efficiently maintained and store appearance is always uncluttered and in line with modern retail store standards.
- Make sure all stock has the exact price and security tag.
- Be thoroughly familiar with ticketing and cash register systems and all associated procedures.
- Make sure phones are answered quickly and efficiently.
- Online ticket and merchandise order processing in a timely and efficient manner.
- Make sure you have excellent knowledge of upcoming matches and match/store promotions
- Understand club protection and anti-discrimination policies and procedures and put them into practice in the workplace. The employee will be required to complete any training modules in this area as directed by their line manager.
- In addition to any other additional functions that are required to meet the needs of the business.
The functions of the holder of the position must be carried out in compliance with the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy, the Occupational Health and Safety Law of 1974 and the subsequent Health and Safety Law.
Rotherham United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants for employment will be considered equally and have the same opportunities regardless of gender, age, race, religion or belief, marriage or civil partnership, disability, sexual orientation, reassignment of gender, pregnancy or maternity. , ethnic or national origin
These duties and responsibilities are not to be considered exclusive or exhaustive and the position holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within Rotherham United Football Club, commensurate with the position without changing the nature of the position.
You will be self-employed with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business benefit. You will possess excellent customer service and communication skills both face-to-face and over the phone. Previous ticketing or retail experience is desired, but not essential, along with previous experience working in a customer service and cash handling environment. You will be a natural planner who will critically evaluate your performance. You will be mature, credible and comfortable dealing with people of different levels and will maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Any applicant who is interested in applying for this position must send their CV and the accompanying letter before 5:00 pm on Friday the 25th.the November. Resumes can be returned to Indeed by clicking below:
This post may require an Enhanced Disclosure and Restriction Service (DBS) Criminal Records Check (CRC) check with a Prohibited List check. The applicant may be required to apply for a CRC if they do not hold an FA CRC certificate. This position is exempt from the Offender Rehabilitation Act (1974). Information on all convictions, including completed sentences, must be reported in accordance with the new Government Filtering System.