Gameloft’s charming and heartwarming life simulator Disney Valley of Dreamlight has captured more than ‘one little spark’ of imagination in many. And now the game has received a pretty big update that aims to smooth out the experience and fix a number of small glitches and issues that players have been experiencing.
we have reported on some fixes Gameloft has been doing in recent weeks, but this patch aims to capture a few more, along with balance changes and loot tables.
Here are the full patch notes for the official website:
Update, September 15, 2022
Happy patch day, villagers of the valley!
We are one week away from the release of Early Access and we are happy to share with you the first patch for Disney Dreamlight Valley. We’ve been listening carefully to your feedback shared via social media, Discord, and Customer Support, and have addressed many known issues in this patch. While the patch is in the process of being released to all players (make sure you are connected to the internet to receive it), it may take up to 2 hours to receive it on your device. We recommend that you check back from time to time if you still do not see it available.
For those who play on multiple devices with cross save: Please make sure all platforms you play on have been updated before switching devices to avoid further issues.
Check out the detailed list below of what you can expect from today’s patch:
Adjusted spawn rates and loot tables for shiny buried items:
– Increased respawn time range.
– Reduced minimum and maximum number of glowing buried items to spawn at a given time per biome.
– Added Dream Shards to the reward loot table.
– Each buried glowing item has a chance to spawn 1-2 Night Shards or 1-2 Dream Shards.
Adjusted loot tables for feeding bugs:
– Flowers removed from loot tables.
– Added Dream Shards to loot tables when feeding creatures something they “like”. Previously, it was only possible to get Dream Shards by feeding creatures something they “loved”.
Adjusted loot tables for clearing Night Thorns:
– Reduced chance of carbon drop.
– Increased chance for Dream Shards to drop.
– Fixed bug #7, which caused some players to experience an issue with the game getting stuck on the loading screen if they exited the game while having the “Well Fed” perk active.
– Fixed account desynchronization issue that occurred when selecting Back to Title Screen in the Epic Games Store.
– Fixed issue causing some users to get out of sync from their profile due to connection latency.
– Improved online reconnection while playing.
– Improved founders pack rewards claiming accuracy, giving missing rewards. We will continue to monitor this issue and explore further bug fixes as needed. If you experienced this error: Completely close the game and restart it while connected to the internet, then check your inbox for a new message containing the missing items.
User interface and experience:
– Increased text font size on Switch.
– Increased menu loading speed.
– Reduced crash rate on Switch. Additional optimization will come in future updates.
– Fixed an issue with quest items not appearing in Scrooge McDuck’s shop. If you experienced this error: The item will not appear in Scrooge McDuck’s shop, but will appear in a random, unlocked location outside of the village as a backup. If you are having difficulty locating the item, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service.
– Fixed an issue with WALL E’s “Shy Little Robot” mission involving a fire extinguisher not working properly. If you experienced this bug: You can find a fire extinguisher waiting for you inside Scrooge McDuck’s shop.
– Fixed an issue with a quest item from Donald Duck’s “A House Fit for a Duck” quest appearing in an unreachable part of his house.
– Fixed an issue with Scrooge McDuck’s “The Grand Reopening of Scrooge McDuck” quest where crafting pots would not work properly. If you experienced this bug: You can find extra pots just outside Scrooge McDuck’s shop. Remove them using furniture edit mode to create with them.
– Fixed an issue where quest items were stuck at the bottom of the mystical cave on the beach.
– Fixed an issue where completing Goofy’s “Fishing Expedition” quest would not work properly if the player’s inventory was full.
– Fixed an issue where a memory fragment would appear in an unreachable part of Merlin’s Dreamlight library.
– Fixed an issue with Elsa’s “How Home Feels Like” quest where it was possible to catch a Shimmering Herring too early in the quest. If you experienced this bug: now she can catch another shiny herring. The other will be removed at the end of the mission.
Customization (House, Valley, Avatar):
– Fixed an issue where chests placed in the player’s house could disappear when adding new rooms. If you experienced this error: Add a new crafted chest to your house. Your items that disappeared will reappear here.
– Fixed an issue where players importing clothing from the avatar design tool could not change their clothing or the clothing would appear invisible.
– Fixed an issue where some Star Path rewards would be available for purchase in areas of the game that they were not intended for.
– Fixed an issue with Ariel’s Seafoam Dress (Friendship Reward) where it would show up as invisible.
– Fixed an issue where the player could not cook in the oven and the bell given to him by Remy (friendship reward).
– Miguel motif adjusted.
Earlier today, Gameloft also revealed that Disney Dreamlight Valley has welcomed over 1 million residents to the enchanting little world of Disney. And we are sure that Gameloft will work to improve the game so that it is much, much more than the bare necessities. And it already is!
Last week, Disney revealed that Woody and Buzz from Toy Story would be coming to the Valley! You can check out all of Disney’s Disney and Marvel Showcase announcements below:
Are you playing Disney Dreamlight Valley? You have a friend in us if you are, so share your thoughts on the game in the comments!