Splatoon 3 is off to an incredible start, setting sales records and receiving much praise from fans and critics alike. Nintendo has already released two updates for the game this month and now we have a third.
Upload the third title to version 1.1.2. Nintendo of America issued a reminder to Splatoon players about this update on social media today:
Following from the Japanese translated patch notesNintendo has now also posted the patch notes in English on its support page. Here they are in full, covering changes to connectivity, controls, multiplayer, and more.
version 1.1.2 (released September 29, 2022)
Changes in connectivity
- Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors after battles and work shifts.
Changes to player controls
- Fixed an issue where players using duals would stop attacking and go into swim form at the end of a Dodge Roll, regardless of whether they were pressing the ZR button.
- Fixed an issue with the Drop Roller team ability where the player would go into swim form at the end of their Drop Roll if they pressed the ZR button while holding the ZL button during the Drop Roll, regardless of whether they continued to hold the button ZR.
- Fixed an issue with splatanas that would cause players to perform two sequential horizontal slashes after a charged slash, even if they only pressed the ZR button once.
- Fixed an issue where players would not take damage for a certain amount of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.
- Measures have been implemented to prevent issues where players would clip through and get stuck in terrain when changing from swim form to humanoid form near a Tacticooler placed in the corner on certain maps.
As this update patch focuses on additional fixes to connection related issues and fixes to some control and battle related issues, we have prioritized its release.
We identified an issue where communications with the server would be interrupted during a battle or work turn due to the configuration of the player’s network equipment and their Internet provider.
We have implemented measures to reduce communication interruptions and subsequent errors after a battle or work shift, even if an interruption occurs.
Additionally, we have implemented interim fixes regarding some issues affecting the feel and feedback of controls during playback.
In the case of the terrain clipping issue when using a Tacticooler, we decided it was more important to quickly release a fix that mitigates the issue rather than waiting for a “perfect fix”.
Also, if players are found to be harassing other players or violating Nintendo Community Guidelines By intentionally exploiting bugs in the game, we are actively taking action, including suspending the game online.
The next patch will mainly focus on balance adjustments and other issues that were outside the scope of the current patch.
We continue to monitor and analyze battle data and plan to make further adjustments in the middle of the current season.
As noted once again, Nintendo will continue to monitor battle data and make further adjustments accordingly. Have you already downloaded this update? Did you notice anything else? Tell us in the comments.