Mackenzie Scott donates Beverly Hills mansions to charity

Jeff Bezos’ ex-wife, Mackenzie Scott, has long been known as one of the most generous and charitable women in our lifetime.

Worth an estimated $37 billion through his 4% stake in Amazon (and that’s after he sold $8.5 billion worth of stock earlier this year), he has donated more than $12 billion to various groups, organizations and charities.

But now he’s taking his philanthropy a step further, by giving up his own lavish homes.

Last month, the California Community Foundation (CCF), a nonprofit philanthropic organization, announced that Scott, 52, donated “two single-family residences valued at $55 million.”

Records show that Scott, who married high school chemistry teacher Dan Jewett in 2021, transferred two of his Beverly Hills mansions to the foundation on July 29.

Scott, who is also a novelist, was given sole ownership of the houses following her divorce from Bezos in 2019 after 25 years of marriage.

Jeff Bezos and Mackenzie Scott bought this house in 2007 for $24.45 million.
Coldwell Residential Banker
Jeff Bezos bought a second home in Beverly Hills in 2017 for $12.9 million.
Jeff Bezos bought a second home in Beverly Hills in 2017 for $12.9 million.
Nicolas Real Estate Group

Bezos and Scott bought the first house in 2007 for $24.45 million. Situated on 2 acres, the solar-powered home is Spanish-style, encompassing approximately 12,000 square feet and comprised of seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms.

They bought the second home in an off-market deal down the street in 2017 for $12.9 million. Built in 1956, the house encompasses 4,500 square feet.

Both houses are located on N. Alpine Drive near Coldwater Canyon Park.

According to CCF, they plan to sell the houses as soon as possible and 90% of the proceeds will go to “providing affordable housing grants.” The other 10% will support their immigrant integration program, which they explain will be used to “advance opportunities for the millions of immigrants from around the world who call Los Angeles County home.”

The Post has reached out to CCF for comment.

Scott likely donated the properties since he rarely visits the Golden State. Instead, the San Francisco native has long lived in Seattle, where she and Bezos had maintained a large estate in the exclusive Medina neighborhood.

That property features 310 feet of lakefront shoreline and a boathouse.

However, it is suspected that he now lives in Hunts Point, about a 5-minute drive away.

This Seattle home was purchased by an anonymous trustee suspected to be Mackenzie Scott for $37.5 million.
This Seattle home was purchased by an anonymous trustee suspected to be Mackenzie Scott for $37.5 million.
michael walmsley
The outside terrace overlooking the lake.
The outside terrace overlooking the lake.
michael walmsley
The sun room surrounded by greenery.
The sun room surrounded by greenery.
michael walmsley
The lobby.
The lobby.
michael walmsley
The 9,400-square-foot Hunts Point home was designed by local architect Jim Olson.
The 9,400-square-foot Hunts Point home was designed by local architect Jim Olson.
michael walmsley

In April 2019, a few months after Bezos and Scott announced their divorce, a Hunts Point estate sold for a whopping $37.5 million. While the buyer is yet to be identified, it has been widely reported that Scott is the buyer.

Spanning 9,400 square feet, records show that more than $400,000 has been spent on renovations to a contemporary design home.

Comprised of three bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, the property is situated on 3.27 acres of land.

The house is under a private trust, records show.

Leave a Comment