Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Expedia Group is pleased to launch the Open World™ Accelerator, an initiative designed to promote innovation in the travel industry by helping start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMBs) accelerate growth and innovate in their purpose-built design. Open World™ Technology Platform.
If you are a startup or SME that meets these criteria, the Expedia group invites you to apply:
- Technology or technology enabled and must have at least one product or service built at the MVP (minimum viable product) stage.
- Incorporated in the last 10 years or less
- Have a mission, goal, or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusion within the travel industry
The six-month capital-free remote accelerator is open to startups and small and medium-sized businesses around the world, featuring two programs:
Objective: tie on the Sustainability strategy and social impact Open World™This program aims to empower startups and SMEs in the travel and hospitality ecosystem using the Expedia Group platform.
Theme: Increase access for unattended travelers; make travel more open and accessible
Objective: Accelerate new platform capabilities through co-development with selected startups and SMEs in Expedia Open World™ Platform.
Theme: to be announced
Release date: To be announced, 2023
Access Expedia Group knowledge and technology to accelerate your organic growth and product development, including access to Expedia Group products such as: Travel Agent Affiliate Program, Media Solutions, Affiliate Hub. Read more details about these products in the Frequently asked questions.
Regular orientation and mentoring sessions by Expedia Group and third-party travel technology experts, plus workshops to advance product and business roadmaps.
Connect with a community of like-minded travel tech innovators and participate in two in-person events: (1) Show Kickoff at Expedia Group HQ in January 2023 and (2) Show Close/Demo Day in May 2023. Travel for both in Personal events will be covered by Expedia Group.
Expedia Group’s press, social media and website amplification will increase your visibility in the industry and investment communities.
Access to a non-participatory grant of up to $20,000 USD per selected participating company.
Opportunity to explore potential business and/or technology partnerships with Expedia Group.
- Clarity of problem statement and addressable potential market
- Uniqueness of the product/solution
- Traction potential and scalability
- Training and experience of the team.
- Mission, goal, or approach to increase accessibility and/or inclusion within the travel industry
- Quality of presentation (whether the applicant proceeds to the interview round)
|September 28, 2022||open application|
|October 21, 2022||Deadline for application|
|December 2022||Participant announcement|
|January 2023||opening of the program|
|May 2023||Closing day of the program and demonstration|
For more information: