The RYSA Rural Youth Skills Acquisition Program is organized by the Center for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with the support of the Federal Government with UNCDF, UNIDO and the EU as financial partners. The program is designed to bring skills acquisition programs to the rural youth population with the goal of creating income opportunities, curbing youth restlessness, discouraging rural-urban drift, and growing the local economy. The target youth demographics are young Nigerians who are of native origin from a rural community and also need to start businesses and fundamental business skills. The demographics of youth targeted under this Program are semi-literate and illiterate youth, who have acquired skills training, start-up needs, and fundamental business skills.
The RYSA program has two training components as follows:
- On-the-job/hands-on training: This involves training program recipients to acquire more practical skills necessary for them to be successful in their chosen businesses. This training will be carried out by designated Master Trainers in different communities nationwide.
2. Community Business School (CBS) Training: CBS is a mandatory program for all RYSA recipients that will take place once a week for twelve weeks in the course of hands-on training programs. The program is intended to equip recipients with startup grants and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline:
- 1. Introduction to Business
Relationships with customers
5. Community Service and Volunteering
6. Business networks
7. Business modeling
List of skill sets/companies/companies:
- 1. Aluminum profiling
Catering and Confectionery
3. Electrical Installations and Repairs
4. Fashion and Designs
8. POP, Screed and Paint
10. Welding and Fabrication
11. Carpentry and Furniture
12. Solar works
13. Auto Mechanic
- Interested candidates must enroll in and pass the proficiency test in their chosen skill area to be eligible for the Program.
- Recipients must complete refresher/CBS training prior to submission of starter packets.
- Candidates must pass the Training Completion Competency Test and the Community Business School (CBS) Training Test before receiving the Certificate and receiving support.
- Successful Grantees must undergo the mentoring process of the Center for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
Benefits for RYSA trainees:
- Monthly salary
- Program beneficiaries will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 over the course of their 6 (six) months of training with RYSA
- starter packs
The starter packs for the RYSA Nigeria program are;
- Work tools
The Work Tools are equipment that will be delivered to the beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start their own business. While the Seed Scholarship supports their ventures as new employers of labor.
- Seed subsidies
the Seed grants from the RYSA program it will be delivered to the beneficiaries at the end of their training as support for the start-up
RYSA Program Application:
- Interested candidates should visit rysa.ng/apply to submit an online application form within the stipulated time frame.
- Candidates must register for online competency tests based on their chosen skill area.
- applicants for RYSA You must fill out and submit the guarantor form.
- Shortlisted candidates must undergo oral interviews and take online proficiency tests based on their chosen skill area.
- Selected candidates must comply with the rules and regulations established by Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
Deadline for application:
The application deadline for RYSA Nigeria is December 31, 2022.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior written permission of PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]