Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur taxpayers own.
Project management systems. Know how. Delegation of tasks. productivity tricks. We have all heard of a wide range of methods whose main objective is to help us establish and maintain a valuable and stable rhythm of work.
After all, that’s what we aspire to as entrepreneurs: to be able to successfully juggle all the work tasks on our list every day. And while all the tactics mentioned above are worth trying, today I’d like to offer an additional approach that turns out to be a lifesaver. I am referring to our ability to concentrate and maintain approach.
Because, in reality, a lack of concentration can ruin even the simplest tasks, turning even the most pleasant days into a disaster. of any entrepreneur Lifestyle you’re already busy enough, so why not do your best to take the pressure off as much as possible?
We tend to underestimate the power of focus
I’m sure we’ve all had days where there are so many tasks waiting to be done, but our ability to focus and concentrate seems to be missing from the equation. No matter how hard we try to stay focused, we find ourselves easily distracted for almost everything around us. Then, at the end of the day, we realize that we haven’t accomplished much and find ourselves disappointed, bitter, and overwhelmed, dreading the next day.
But the thing with entrepreneurship or running our own business is that work doesn’t seem to be waiting for our focus to show up. Chores and homework pile up, making it increasingly difficult for us to get things in order.
When we don’t meet our standards, we often turn our attention to other factors: lack of weatherfailed in time management, poor organizational skills or lack of experience. But sometimes the main reason why our schedule is delayed is simply due to a lack of concentration. So the next time you feel inadequate or unable to do your job, check in with yourself first: Are you showing some of the more typical signs of a decline in your concentration levels?
Don’t worry: there are strategies to improve focus
The next time we feel like we’re failing at the office, let’s stop for a minute and check to see if we’re witnessing any of the following types of behavior:
- We seem to be extremely forgetful, even things that happened an hour ago can seem vague and highly unlikely.
- We find ourselves irritated even with the easiest tasks.
- Once adept at multitasking, today, we cannot imagine running multiple tasks at the same time.
- We have a hard time following a topic, a conversation, a point of view or someone’s opinion.
- We tend to be very sleepy.
- Our decision-making and problem-solving skills seem to have left the building.
- We need more detail about the requirements of a task than before.
The list can go on and on, but the main point is that when we lack focus, we feel like we’re somewhere else completely missing the point of our current duties. As frustrating as it might be, there are actually helpful strategies that can help us regain our focus.
- Let’s make sure we get enough sleep and relax. I know that being an entrepreneur and finding a good amount of time to rest can be tricky, but I can’t stress this enough: Relaxation It should be anyone’s number one goal when it comes to taking care of themselves. When we are sleep deprived, we tend to lose our focus and our overall ability to display competence and expertise in the office. Those minimum eight hours of sleep a night will make anyone a much better businessman than a sleep-deprived weekly marathon with an endless workload.
- Frequent participation in training our brains is a must. What happens is that the more stressful our lives are, the faster our brain reaches its daily capacity to handle information. That’s why you participate training our brains from time to time is actually a great way to stimulate flexibility, abstract thinking, logic, and associative thinking. A great way to do this is by solving brain teasers, crossword puzzles, riddles, quizzes, etc.
- After work, let’s spend as much time as possible outdoors. If we really want to reset and relax so we can be fresh and focused the next day at the office, a great idea would be to focus on spend time outside. Nature and fresh air have long proven to be excellent sources of energy and relaxation.
- Perhaps the bullet journal is much more important than we think. It works both as a time management tactic and as a method of staying focused. If the next day promises to be busy, we can always prepare ahead of time. We can use the bullet journal to list all the tasks we need to accomplish and categorize them in terms of urgency. In this way we allow our brain to prepare and anticipate the duties that lie ahead.
Focusing is indeed a great tool that improves our ability to finish a task in a timely and proper manner. In entrepreneurship, we often have tons of homework on a daily basis – if we risk losing our concentration, our productivity would be greatly reduced. So the next time we experience a lack of focus, we should try implementing some of those strategies instead of disparaging our experience.